THE PETE WILDE SCHOLARSHIP
This funding mechanism was created to honor the memory of Pete Wilde, BHSc (Physio), Dip MDT, a well-respected physiotherapist and graduate student whose passing was too soon. Pete was passionate about MDT and research. Therefore, the target audience for this scholarship is a graduate student (Masters or PhD level) or a person seeking diploma status in MDT – proof of current enrollment is required. The applicant must be involved with a research project which can be in the development, implementation, or analysis phase. The research must relate to MDT.
The maximum scholarship allotted is $2000 US and will be given out once yearly. Funds can be applied to tuition or research. Usage must be defined on a budget page.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed yearly.
The application deadline is 17:00 Greenwich Mean Time on September 1st each year.
Late submissions will be returned without review. Applicants will be notified of status within 90 days of application deadline. Only one award will be made yearly.
An individual my receive the award up to a maximum of two times but must re-apply to the general pool on the second application.
Please complete all portions of the application which can be found here.
The portions are:
- Cover sheet
- Biographical sketch page for the applicant
- Statement addressing proposed or current research. Topics to be covered are: summary of project including background, statement of purposes, methods including study design, sample inclusion and exclusion criteria, study protocol, statistical analysis and time frame, and relevance to MDT. Please limit this section to 2 pages (12 point font).
- Letter indicating current enrollment in a graduate level program (on school letterhead) or in the MDT diploma program (on MII letterhead)
- Letter of support from program advisor. Letter should comment on applicant’s ability to complete the proposed project and program.
- A copy of ethics board approval (such as IRB).
- Submit all materials on the IMDTRF website.
Review process: Applications will be reviewed by the IMDTRF Board of Directors. Proposals will be ranked on the strengths of the research project and letter of recommendation. The Board of Directors hold the sole right to make funding decisions.
Grant agreement: Successful applicants agree to the publication of their name and research project title on the IMDTRF website.
Disclaimer: Applicants submit proposals with the understanding that they will abide by the conditions, deadline policies, and decisions of the Board of Directors of IMDTRF. The Board reserves the right to change the amount of any award at its sole discretion. The Board of Directors makes no guarantee that requested grants will be awarded or that if your proposal is accepted you will receive the total amount of funds requested.