To fund original research worldwide that contributes to the body of evidence related to the usefulness and limitations of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy.
It is the intent of this Foundation to:
- Become a recognized world-leader in supporting musculoskeletal research.
- Attain self-sustaining monies to support multiple research projects spanning the full spectrum from case studies, to multi-centre trials that contribute to the mission statement.
- Develop a diverse fund-raising base to support the mission of the Foundation
5 YEAR PLAN
By the end of 5 years, the Foundation strives to achieve the following:
- Increase financial holdings to a total of $650,000
- Increase funding-raising income to $75,000 per year
- Increase yearly project funding to $50,000
- Increase the number of funding proposals to 10 per year by increasing awareness of the IMDTRF funding mechanism(s)
- Focus the research efforts in the areas of cost-effectiveness and patient/therapist compliance with MDT